Hi,

I have been asked an unusual question for which I am struggling to find definitive research evidence.

A clinician has been approached in regard to the closure of a residential care home. The perceived wisdom is that moving elderly residents is so unsettling they can die. I have heard this said of course but finding any published information in support of it is proving difficult. I have found some info on the usual databases but wondered if anyone had any ideas for other sources or had come across this topic before?

With thanks

Catherine

Catherine Fisher

Trust Librarian

Library, Education Centre

City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust

Kayll Road,

Sunderland

SR4 7TP

Tel: 0191 5656256 Ext 42577