Hi. Some months ago I have come across the case of a serial publication, relevant source of current information about the public sector and the civil service in the UK, for which apparently there is no archive / collection publicly accessible.  It is 'Civil Service World', a newspaper published by Dods Parliamentary Communications Ltd - fornightly  in the printed version, whereas the website is managed as a special content service.  The publication does not have an ISSN and that seems the main reason why there is no trace of it at the British Library.  If any library in the UK happens to have an archive of the printed version, please let me know as it is still of interest!

Anyway, the case suggested me in a following occasion to consider it an example for other issues.

Does anybody know if anybody has ever investigated this problem (may be in the context of a thesis or a PHD or a funded project) and has even approximately estimated the number of serials that are excluded from (or purposely avoid) legal deposit obligations in the UK and / or internationally?

Thank you very much in advance for sending references to my private email address in case you prefer not to share the data or sources you have publicly.

Kind Regards

Brunella Longo
Information Management Adviser
http://www.brunellalongo.co.uk