In David Prosser's (Executive Director of RLUK) comment (to the THE article
on the 'Access to research' initiative)
<http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/publishers-launch-free-journal-a
ccess-for-libraries/2010999.article#MsgId_197668>
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/publishers-launch-free-journal-ac
cess-for-libraries/2010999.article#MsgId_197668 he mentions that there is
already free at home access to  almost "20 million papers" via the CORE
service   <http://core.kmi.open.ac.uk/search>
http://core.kmi.open.ac.uk/search.

I note too that the BASE service also provides access to 56 million
'documents'. http://www.base-search.net/about/en/index.php. I have found
these services useful in some of the research I do.

So...are there any public libraries that highlight these services to their
public? Perhaps alongside, or integrated with, their online catalogues? Are
any of the libraries that are signing up to the Access to Research
initiative also signposting these other free services?

If you are I'd love to hear. I was wondering if it might be worth adding a
column for this in the table of library technology services on Local
Government Library Technology (LGLibTech) (e.g. see
http://lglibtech.wikispaces.com/Library+Authorities-A

Ken

Ken

Ken Chad Consulting Ltd

Tel +44 (0)7788 727 845. Email: [log in to unmask]
www.kenchadconsulting.com <http://www.kenchadconsulting.com/>

Skype: kenchadconsulting   Twitter: @KenChad   LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kenchad

Local Government Library Technology wiki: http://lglibtech.wikispaces.com/