Dear Colleagues

If you have researchers that seem a little confused about creative commons or have questions that are specific to monograph publishing, you may be interested in the Guide to Creative Commons that we have created as part of the OAPEN-UK project (http://oapen-uk.jiscebooks.org/).

The guide explores concerns expressed in public evidence given by researchers, learned societies and publishers to inquiries in the House of Commons and the House of Lords, and also concerns expressed by researchers working with the OAPEN-UK project. It identifies a number of common questions and provides answers, which have been checked by experts including Creative Commons. The guide has been edited by active researchers, to make sure it is relevant and useful to academics faced with making decisions about publishing.

We have had very positive feedback about the guide and many librarians are making them available to academics within their institution. We have just done a re-print and we are happy to post out as many copies as you would like to you, so please do let me know if you would like some delivered by completing the order form at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5STM7CC

You can also view the guide online and download a copy of it at: http://oapen-uk.jiscebooks.org/ccguide/

It has been released under a CC BY licence.

Kind Regards
Caren

Caren Milloy I Head of Projects I JISC Collections

T: 02030066003<tel:02030066003> I M: 07585967688 | Twitter:@carenmilloy I Skype: carenmilloy
W: www.jisc-collections.ac.uk<http://www.jisc-collections.ac.uk/>

JISC Collections is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024<tel:2881024> and whose Registered Office is at Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238<tel:614944238>

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org
Follow us on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/UKSG