Hi,

It might help to supply some prior probability maps if you have any.  Otherwise I'm not sure that I can help, as I don't have a lot of experience myself with this.  Maybe someone else can help, although if you cannot see any intensity differences between WM and the thalamus or basal ganglia then it might not be possible to separate these with segmentation.

All the best,
Mark