Hi

On 26 Feb 2014, at 22:33, Rita Elena Loiotile <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi,
> 2 questions:
> 1) Is it recommended to leave MCFLIRT motion correction on (and
> subsequently include the found motion parameters in my GLM) if I am
> also using MELODIC to remove motion related components?

yes - definitely

> 2) Is there a guide/rule of thumb for spotting noise related
> components-- either from motion or another source.  Seems like flaming
> brain and striated looking images should definitely be removed but I'm
> not sure if anything else...

Have a look in the FIX paper just out in NeuroImage (Salimi-Khorshidi), which discusses different artefact components.   Also using FIX (see FSL plugins wiki) can give good results in classifying components for you - particularly if you can train it on your kind of data.

Cheers.

> Thanks!

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)

Stop the cultural destruction of Tibet