Thank you, Anderson!  I will take a look and make sure I am correctly understanding this.

I appreciate your help.

--Heather

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Anderson M. Winkler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Heather,

The t-value is already saved in the file ${output_prefix}_tstatN.nii.gz, where N is the contrast number as they appear in the *.con contrast file. Please, see in the 1st table in the randomise manual: http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/Randomise/UserGuide

About effect size, depends on which you want to report. For Cohen's d, and 2 groups, I think you can just multiply the t-stat by a constant sqrt(n1*n2/(n1+n2)), being n1 and n2 the sizes of the group. For others, you may need to calculate yourself, manually, perhaps using the outputs from fsl_glm and fslmaths.

All the best,

Anderson