Thank you very much, Robert, for a very useful advice! I'll try to figure out how dypy works.
Best,
Irina.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 12:05 AM, Reid, Robert I. (Rob) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Rejecting those volumes would likely be better than keeping them, although it means throwing out good data from the other slices in those volumes.
Tossing out the affected volumes is also easy, with fslsplit and fslmerge, and avoids registration problems.  (The motion artifacts can throw off eddy correction, esp. when they are bright, and the bad slices get mixed in with their neighbors after resampling.)

An alternative that in theory should preserve more of your data is RESTORE, which does tensor fitting with outlier rejection.  dipy has an implementation now.

     Rob

--
Robert I. Reid, Ph.D. | Sr. Analyst/Programmer, Information Technology
Aging and Dementia Imaging Research | Opus Center for Advanced Imaging Research