Hi,

This problem cannot be due to the amount of neck in the image.
It is a symptom of a problematic transformation from dicom to nifti.
I would try and redo the conversion and see if that fixed it.
If not then it is very good that you have a marker, since that will let you fix the problem manually - but it will be easier to start by redoing the conversion and seeing if that fixes it.

All the best,
Mark