Dear Evan,

What you need to do with fslmeants is create a mask that only contains the voxels that you definitely want included.  There is no option for excluding zero voxels with fslmeants.

I believe that the best option is to only look at the voxels on the skeleton, and if you want this broken down into regions (as defined by the JHU atlas) then you need to make masks that are the intersection of the skeleton and JHU regions.  So take the JHU masks, and multiply them by a skeleton mask (if you don't have one then make one by taking the a skeleton image and binarising it with fslmaths).  Once you've multiplied the skeleton mask with a JHU-region-mask then use the result as the mask in the -m call to fslmeants.

This should then produce results that are equivalent to the second fslstats call that you made - using the skeletonised input, the Peduncle mask and the -M option (since that only looks at non-zero voxels within the Peduncle mask).  The other calls you made to fslstats either include zero voxels within the Peduncle mask (option 1), or included lots of non-skeleton voxels (options 3 and 4).

I hope this helps.
All the best,
Mark