Hi,
Why would you want to compute DV without at least motion correction?  And
you need some sort of intensity normalization applied to the data before
you compute it, otherwise the scaling is completely arbitrary.

I'm afraid that you need to set a threshold based on your specific data.
The Power 2014 includes ideas on how you can do that.  Note that baseline
DV is sensitive to the SNR of your data, which makes it difficult to
generalize, since baseline DV will be dependent on your particular scanner
protocol, head coil, etc.

cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.

Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders
Department of Psychiatry, Box 8134
660 South Euclid Ave.           Tel: 314-747-6173
St. Louis, MO  63110                    Email: [log in to unmask]