Hello Dis-Forum,

A student with low vision studying Medicine at Queen Mary has asked me if there is any study skills provision for people with sight impairments that are looking to change their learning styles.

He is finding the sheer volume of work necessitated by a medical degree quite a challenge and wishes to explore possible ways of learning differently. I’ve given him the details of our internal study skills providers, (i.e. generic support) but I can’t seem to find much else on the internet (most of the advice I’ve found relates to technology, rather than fundamentally altering the way someone learns).

Has anyone come across a similar request?

Simon

Simon Jarvis

Head of Disability & Dyslexia Service

Queen Mary University of London