Basically everything the Loeb can do plus link to dictionaries ... Perhaps include better navigation than the current Perseus, ability to work away from a network etc

On February 6, 2014 11:10:51 AM EST, Gabriel Bodard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
What would this "competing app" do that Perseus / Alpheios etc. don't
already do?

(Genuine question, btw: I'm hoping we can brainstorm our wishlist for an
open Latin app.)

On 2014-02-06 15:27, Rogueclassicist wrote:
Thinking out loud. .... Given the open access availability of Perseus, couldn't a sort of competing app be developed?

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 6, 2014, at 10:20 AM, "Charles E. Jones" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

(With all due respect) In your dreams!

Details on how libraries are going to license this stuff are thin at the moment - possibly through De Gruyter?

Edwin Donnelly and others have worked to make the open (i.e. old) Loebs accessible:
http://ancientworldonline.blogspot.com/2012/06/loebolus-loebs.html

-Chuck-