DPC, with help from members, is delighted to invite you to join us at ‘Getting Started in Digital Preservation’ in London on 4th April and St Andrews on 2nd May.

http://www.dpconline.org/events

Digital preservation – representing all the activities necessary to ensure that digital objects and data can be found, accessed and deployed beyond the limits of technological obsolescence, media failure or creator dependency – is a growing challenge for agencies and individuals in all kinds of contexts.

This day-long introduction assumes no prior knowledge except a willingness to engage with digital preservation. Through a series of presentations, case studies and exercises, participants will learn how to apply techniques of assessment, risk management and planning to help secure their digital collections.

Participants in our last workshop in December commented that the it was:

‘Awesome - learned lots and want to think about how I can implement ideas and get more involved …’

‘Invaluable. Please keep running as many events as you can…’

‘…very informative course and the fact that there were real case studies really helped put it into context’

For more details and to register see:

·         London 4th April - http://www.dpconline.org/events/details/75-getting-started-in-digital-preservation-2014?xref=81%3Agetting-started-in-digital-preservation-with-the-national-archives

·         St Andrews 2nd May - http://www.dpconline.org/events/details/75-getting-started-in-digital-preservation-2014?xref=82%3Agetting-started-in-digital-preservation-with-national-records-of-scotland

--

Dr William Kilbride FSA

Executive Director

Digital Preservation Coalition

@WilliamKilbride

44 (0)141 330 4522

http://www.dpconline.org/

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent and does not constitute legal advice.  We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the DPC.  Registered Office, Innovation Centre, University Way, York Science Park, Heslington, YORK YO10 5DG Registered in England No: 4492292