From: Contaminated Land Management Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Willcox, Ruth
Sent: 19 February 2014 12:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: calculating lead screening level using JECFA 2010 findings

We do not accept use of the old SGV, particularly where the land use scenario involves use/access by children under 4 years old.

This is due to increasing evidence that a very small increase in blood lead level can lead to significant adverse impact on neurological development.

Questions we have had to consider previously:

How much lead is in a child's fist of soil?
What would be the resultant increase in blood lead level if this were ingested by a young child?

Ruth

Ruth Willcox
Environmental Protection Officer
Environmental Services