Sent: 26 February 2014 15:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: bruk2ucsf issue in linux mint 64-bit - contouring speed.

Hi Wayne,

We've found that using topspin processed 3rrr data the contouring in
analysis can be very slow. We think this is due to the small block size
that topspin uses in the acquisition dimension (4 points per block)
compared to say AZARA. We can fix this by unblocking the data and
reblocking it, but it's a bit of a faff. So:

Anybody know if there's a way to force the block size in topspin?

Any chance you could look at the contouring code to see if it can be made
less sensitive to the acquisition dimension block size?

Ta,
        Brian

--
Dr. Brian O. Smith --------------------------- Brian Smith at glasgow ac uk
Institute of Molecular, Cell and Systems Biology & School of Life Sciences,