I had a student who unsubscribed because of too many emails.
I'll tell you what I told her: "Create a filter so the emails don't show up in your inbox and make sure that you can easily find them."
She didn't do that but her loss.

Since you have gmail here's what you need: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en
In Outlook it's called "rules".

Sincerely,