Hello Shanti,

Typically, one can safely claim a solved structure once an interpretable electron density map is obtained to which most of your protein model can be fitted properly. The primary numeric indication for that are your R-factors. The high values you have suggest that either something is wrong with your space group, twinning, etc. as Eleanor suggested, or your space group and MR solution may be still correct but for a search model of poor similarity with your crystal structure. Even in the later case, at this resolution it is going to be very challenging to build and refine a structure to reasonable R-factors starting from a poor model.

Hay

Hay Dvir		Ph. D.
Head		Technion Center for Structural Biology
Technion	Haifa 3200003, Israel
Tel:			+(972)-77-887-1901
Fax:			+(972)-77-887-1935
E-mail		[log in to unmask]