Hi Tom,

Are your protein or related proteins known to dimerise?

Is the dimer perhaps the natural state, and are the high oligomers non-specific aggregation?

That would be my first guess, knowing nothing about the protein you are working on.

If you are absolutely certain that the protein should be a monomer, do you have any free cys residues you could mutate or reduce with TCEP to split a disulphide linked dimer?

Just some thoughts,

Dave