Hi all,

I'm looking for a cryo condition for high NaCl (3+ M) crystallization condition. I would do it the proper way, but our beam/cryostream is down.

I've tried a bunch of things at the moment. Ethylene glycol and PEG 400 nuke the crystals immediately even at low concentrations. Prolonged exposure to glycerol and sucrose starts to break them down so I'm thinking that the diffraction will probably suffer. I can't find any reports of NaCl's viability as a cryosalt. I've got Paratone/Paraffin oil/Mitegen's LV cryo oil on tap but I was hoping to not put all my eggs in one basket.

I tried the ISRDB database through archive.com without any luck (no search function). I've gone to the PDB searching for similar crystallization conditions and looked up the papers for their cryos, but they are all glycerol. Google gives me the same.

I thought I'd see if anyone on the bb has an anecdotal "this worked for us" story. I would love to hear it.

Thank you for your time,
Katherine

--
"Nil illegitimo carborundum" - Didactylos