From: Annemarie Weber <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 17:37:00 +0100
Subject: [ccp4bb] unexplained density

> ***********************
> This message has been scanned by the InterScan for CSC SSM at IICT and found to be
free of known security risks.
> ***********************
>
> Dear all,
> I am refining a 1.4 A resolution structure and found some well-defined
> but unfortunately unexplained density. The protein was purified in HEPES
> buffer with PMSF and protease inhibitor cocktail tablets (Roche) added.
> It was cocrystallized with AMPPNP in PEG2000MME and Tris. I modelled a
> molecule into the density, which fits quite well but I do not know what
> it is and how it got there. Attached are two pictures with the
> difference density and the molecule I modelled in there.
> Has anybody seen something like this before? Maybe some degradation
> product of the buffer/PMSF?
> Any suggestions will be highly welcome.
> Thanks a lot
> Annemarie
------- End of Original Message -------

Note: The information contained in the e-Mail message and/or attachments to it may contain
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
use, review, distribute, prinitng or copying of the information contianed in this e-Mail message
and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error. Please notify us by reply e-Mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the
message and any attachment. Thank you.