Hi Maria,

We adjusted our language pack to better reflect what the features does:

"If this option is selected, an email will be sent immediately to everyone enrolled in this course (or organisation)."

From what I understand the emailed announcement overrides any preference for receiving email notification.  We have told staff about using the email tool to contact just students and not emailing all announcements but this is less popular.

The text adjustment has helped set expectations/awareness though but more control here would be useful.

Kind regards,
Tim

From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Maria Tannant
Sent: 06 February 2014 11:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Email Announcement Tool goes to everyone!

Morning All,

Does anyone know if there is a way to control the Email Announcement feature - as we are getting complaints from staff these emails are meant for students and they do not wish to receive them in future.

Currently we tell teaching staff the consequences of using this feature, but they still persist as it saves time writing a separate email. So we are considering either turning it off or trying to control it - perhaps there is a way staff can opt not to receive them?

Any help or advice with this would be most appreciated.

[cid:image001.png@01CF233A.A341FD80]

Many thanks

Maria
Maria Tannant - Learning Technologist (MA, FHEA)
University for the Creative Arts
Oakwood Park
Maidstone
Kent ME16 8AG

T: +44 (0)1622 620142

Enhance learning with technology:
http://myuca.ucreative.ac.uk/help

[http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/Images/QueensAwardLogo.jpg]

BU is a Disability Two Ticks Employer and has signed up to the Mindful Employer charter. Information about the accessibility of University buildings can be found on the BU DisabledGo webpages<http://www.disabledgo.com/en/org/bournemouth-university>

believed to be clean.