Apologies for any cross-posting.

--

From: Sarah Clark [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 17 February 2014 12:18
Subject: Feng Xiaogang in Conversation THIS FRIDAY and A Century of Chinese Cinema at the BFI

Dear Halima,

Firstly, by way of introduction, I work in the marketing department at the British Film Institute. I am writing to you as we have some events and screenings in February and over the summer, which I believe will be of interest to your students.

This Friday, we will be holding an In Conversation with China’s most successful director, Feng Xiaogang, along with screenings of several of his films throughout the month.  Could I trouble you to send an  e-flyer about the February screenings to your various mailing lists, as appropriate? I have inserted it below.

Between June to September, we will be holding a season entitled A Century of Chinese Cinema. The project, which comes from Toronto International Film Festival/Lightbox, will focus on film from mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan from 1901 to the present. The project will also include Chinese non-fiction propaganda titles and early films of China from the BFI National Archive. Are you happy for me to contact you again in due course when we have further information available?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Having trouble viewing this email?

BFI - British Film Institute

What's on

Explore film & TV

Supporting UK film

Education & Support

Feng Xiaogang

盛景中国

对话冯小刚及当代中国电影选映

201423- 22 BFI Southbank

请于二月加入我们。中国当代最成功的电影导演之一冯小刚将登上BFI Southbank舞台与您交流。被称中国的斯皮尔伯格冯导是一位讲故事的高手,其作品从心水剧(《非诚勿扰》、《手机》)到史诗巨制(《集结号》、《1942》、《唐山大地震》),丰富多元,令人称奇。

此外,我们将推出新中国纪录片日,从一个新鲜的视角,看泱泱大国之平民英雄故事。

为庆中国新年,英国电影协会和东方国际电影节还将选映当代华语电影,包括充盈着生命关怀的公路电影飞越老人院》(北京紫禁城影业出品) 张艺谋导演力作《一个都不能少》。

Feng Xiaogang in Conversation

Including a season of his most-loved films

3 - 22 February, BFI Southbank

Join us this February as we welcome China’s most successful contemporary director, Feng Xiaogang, to the stage at BFI Southbank. Often described as China’s own Spielberg, Xiaogang is a skilled storyteller with a varied body of work; films that range from heartfelt comedy (If You Are The One, Cell Phone) to historical epics (Assembly, Back to 1942, Aftershock).

Also on offer is our ‘New Chinese Documentary Day’, which provides a fresh perspective on a vast nation and its everyday heroes. To celebrate Chinese New Year we screen Zhang Yimou’s Not One Less and life-affirming road movie Full Circle.

Don’t miss out!

Book now

Facebook

Join us on Facebook

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter

Unsubscribe immediately from all future BFI mailings
Sent by BFI, 21 Stephen Street, London W1T 1LN

--

Dr Sarah Dauncey

British Academy Mid-Career Fellow & Lecturer in Chinese Studies
School of East Asian Studies
University of Sheffield
http://www.shef.ac.uk/seas/

Honorary Secretary, British Association for Chinese Studies
Co-Editor, Journal of the British Association for Chinese Studies (JBACS)
http://www.bacsuk.org.uk/

Disability Studies at the University of Sheffield:
http://disabilityuos.wordpress.com/
6-8 Shearwood Road
Sheffield, S10 2TD
United Kingdom