From: David Tobin
Sent: 05 February 2014 11:42
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; "class--F_ARTS"@glasgow.ac.uk; "class--F_SOCSCI"@glasgow.ac.uk; Barbara Christopoulou; Des McNulty; Dr Chris Ogden; Dr Daniel Hammond; Dr Felix Boecking; Dr Janet Liao ; Yupin Chung; Gregory Philo; Ian Gow; Michael Xin Guo; 'Min Wang'; Paul Iles; Paul; Professor Ian Taylor; Professor Ya Ping Wang; Zhanwei Zhang; David Tobin; Ming Cheng; Sai Ding; Victoria Harrison; Yee Kwan Tang; Hong Liu; Irene Liang; Minna Katriina Torma; Neil Munro; Nixi Cura; Catherine Schenk; Jane Duckett; Mark Furse; Nicholas Pearce; Wenjie Wu; Ya Ping Wang; Yingying Wang
Subject: Scottish Centre for China Research Seminar Programme (2013-14 Semester 2)

Please see the exciting seminars coming up this semester as part of the Scottish Centre for China Research. These are multi-disciplinary seminars and open to all staff and students. Last semester was a great success so I hope we can continue the interesting discussions this semester.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CF2267.49FC4880]
SCCR Seminar Programme<http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/socialpolitical/research/sccr/activitiesevents/> 2013-2014 Semester 2

Thursdays, 4-5:30pm, 59 Oakfield Avenue<https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=59+oakfield+avenue+university+of+glasgow&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x488845cd6911c531:0xdcc12a2970860ed1,59+Oakfield+Ave,+Glasgow+G12+8LP&gl=uk&ei=ehdEUuK_BfSu7Aauv4GIAw&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA>, Room 302, University of Glasgow (Glasgow University Campus Map<http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_1887_en.pdf>)

6th March: Dr Astrid Nordin<http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/fass/ppr/profiles/astrid-nordin> (Lancaster University, Lecturer in China in the Modern World) "'The 'Scandalous' Legacy of the Tiananmen Massacre: An Essay on Academic Complicity".

13th March: Dr Kun-Hui Ku<https://nthu.academia.edu/kunhuiku> (National Tsinghua University, Institute of Anthropology) "Preliminary investigation on Indigenous Citizenship in Asia".

27th March: Dr Anna Lora Wainwright<http://www.geog.ox.ac.uk/staff/alorawainwright.html> (University of Oxford, Lecturer in the Human Geography of China) 'Fighting for Breath: Living Morally and Dying of Cancer in a Chinese Village'.

3rd April: Dr Felix Boecking<http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/history-classics-archaeology/about-us/staff-profiles?cw_xml=profile_tab1_academic.php?uun=fboeckin> (University of Edinburgh, Lecturer in Modern Chinese Economic and Political History) "Dismal scientists among the Hundred Flowers: Chinese economists in the 1950s".

1st May: Professor William A Callahan<http://williamacallahan.com/?page_id=6> (LSE, Professor of International Relations) "Chinese Responses to the China Dream".

29th May: Dr Elena Barabantseva<http://www.manchester.ac.uk/research/e.v.barabantseva/> (University of Manchester, Lecturer in Politics) "Cross-Border Marriages in Contemporary China".

The Scottish Centre for China Research gratefully acknowledges the support from the MacFie Bequest.

For enquiries and information, please contact: Dr David Tobin<http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/socialpolitical/staff/davidtobin/>: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>