*        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.                *

Hello Cathy, my name is Stefano Portelli, I'm an anthropologist,
currently working for my PhD in Urban Planning exactly on the social
impact of urban renewal! Previously, I worked in Barcelona in a project
which might be interesting for you: it was an ethnographic research
about a peripheral neighbourhood sentenced for demolition, in which a
series of architects were involved, and that ended up proposing
alternative ideas for planning. Check it at
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1548-1433.2012.01453.x/abstract

In Barcelona there are several other issues you might want to explore.
I'm a member of a workgroup supervised by anthropologist Manuel Delgado
(he had been mentioned in a previous reply to your mail); we are
currently giving a series of lessons about the social consequences of
architecture, with a multidisciplinary approach involving architects,
anthropologists, urban planners. If you are interested in some of these
activities, write me and I'll send you more informations.

greetings,
stefano

On 03.02.2014 18:09, Cathy Baldwin wrote:
> *        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
> * A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
> * online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
> * and international contacts directory.                *
>  ******************************************************
>
> Hi there,
>
> I wondered if any anthropologists have been involved in city planning,
> urban design or renewal projects advising the planners, designers,
> local government, or corporate sector on incorporating social thinking
> into the design process so that city infrastructure is created with
> the needs of people in mind. More importantly, has anyone been
> involved in a follow-up study to see if designs had the desired social
> impact intended at the level of behaviour change?
> I'm looking for examples of this and would love to hear from anyone
> who has or has written about these issues.
> It's for a working paper I'm working on at World Resources Institute,
> an American environmental think tank.
>
> My signature is below:
>
> Dr Cathy Baldwin
> Research Fellow, Social Factors and Urban Design
> EMBARQ
> World Resources Institute, 10 G Street, NE, Suite 800, Washington, DC
> 20002, USA
> Blog: TheCityFix.com  |  Twitter: @EMBARQNetwork  |
> Facebook.com/EMBARQNetwork
> www.EMBARQ.org
> www.WRI.org
> EMBARQ helps cities make sustainable transport a reality.
>
> Thanks very much.
> Best wishes,
> Cathy
>
> Dr Cathy Baldwin, [log in to unmask]
> Post Doctoral Associate,
> Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Oxford
> http://www.anthro.ox.ac.uk/about-us/affiliates-emeriti-research-fellows/dr-cathy-baldwin/

> [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Anca Lita
> Sent: 07 October 2013 18:54
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Granada Centre for Visual Anthropology presents: MAVA
> Graduation Gala!

> *        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
> * A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
> * online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
> * and international contacts directory.                *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers
*
* To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
* go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *
*