Sorry- ignore my pleadings for expenses! It should have gone to Sandra!

Jane

From: HEEON equal opportunities list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brown, Sandra
Sent: 28 February 2014 10:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Inspiring change - a King's IWD event - 7 March

Dear Colleagues

Apologies for cross posting.

Dear All

You are invited to attend the College’s flagship event to celebrate International Women’s Day (IWD).

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqL-lGHCdy1Q82xGjtQVN5XI98uV-zXBFosCPFXNfsZsCn9r06

Inspiring Change

Celebrating International Women’s Day at King’s

Friday 7th March

Henriette Raphael Function Room, Guy’s Campus

13.00-16.00

FREE EVENT – OPEN TO ALL

Refreshments will be available

Come and hear from women who are responsible for leading inspirational changes in their personal and professional lives and the organisations in which they work, and from pioneering men who are taking steps to support gender equality.

We are delighted that Professor Paul Walton, University of York, and holder of the first ever Athena SWAN Gold award will be delivering our keynote speech, covering his experience of leading significant organisational change, the trials and tribulations and lessons learnt.

We have also lined up a panel of dynamic speakers, from King’s and elsewhere, who will share their own experiences of leading inspirational change in a number of areas, including:

-          female leadership and strategies for success

-          the role of male leaders in challenging gender inequality, and

-          career transformation in academia – a personal journey

Attendees will be the first to view the photographs taken at the Female Professors Photo-shoot held on 24 February – the first in a series of events to capture an archive of images and stories from all 155 women professors at King’s.

Visit our webpages for more information or book at place at http://kingsiwd.eventbrite.co.uk

Please help us to promote this event by sharing this information with colleagues and displaying the poster attached in your part of the College.

For more information on the International Women’s Day event being organised by the School of Medicine on 10 March visit ‘Staying in Science’

Regards

Sandra Brown

Equalities Officer, Organisation Development

Human Resources, Room G37, James Clerk Maxwell Building

t: 020 7848 3378­| e: [log in to unmask] | w: OD

Visit the ezine for the latest training information

cid:image001.jpg@01CEB3C3.C492E940

B-MEntor - the mentoring scheme for Black and Minority Ethnic academics and researchers

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/equalities/race/BMEntor.php