In a message dated 07/01/2014 13:29:09 GMT Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

CALL FOR PAPERS

‘WHERE NOW FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE?

THE MARGINALISATION OF YOUNG PEOPLE IN THE UK’

Thursday 12th – Friday 13th June 2014

We are inviting abstracts for a Two day Conference at Canterbury Christ Church University, Kent, UK on behalf of the Inclusion Equalities and Social Justice Theme and the Research Centre for Children, Families and Communities.

We are seeking papers which challenge the dominant ideologies and notions of social justice that are driving current changes in social and educational policy. We are particularly interested in papers which explore social justice in relation to marginalised young people, including those from education, health and social care, social policy, sociology and criminology disciplines. We are also interested in papers exploring innovative research methods with young people. Issues for papers include:

• Impact of poverty and inequality on young people

• Marginalisation of young people

• Use of innovative research methods

• Role of education in reproducing inequality

• Pedagogies of inclusion in schools and universities

• Diverse identities of young people, including:

• Gender

• Sexuality

• Ethnicity

• Children in care.

Proposals of 300 words are invited for consideration for 20 minute papers (followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion).

Please submit abstracts to: Charmian Cowie: [log in to unmask]

For informal enquiries, contact Professor Shane Blackman: [log in to unmask]

Closing date for submissions: Friday 14 February 2014

Dr Ruth Rogers
Principal Research Fellow
Coordinator ‘Inclusion, Equalities and Social Justice’

Research Centre for Children, Families and Communities

Canterbury Christ Church University
CT1 1QU
01227 782099

https://twitter.com/ResearchforCFC