Dear Colleagues

I'm very happy to invite you to attend the first two events of the DPU - Development Planning Unit 60Th DPU's 60th Anniversary.

The first one, this Wednesday 29 January is the launch of all Anniversary celebrations at:
Outside In, Inside Out: Launching DPU60
17.30-19.00: Drinks Reception | Roberts Foyer, G02
19.00-21.00: Launch Event and Panel Discussion | Darwin B40 Lecture Theatre
Representatives of each of the DPU's four research clusters will speak on the key problematics that cities and regions are facing today. The session will be in keeping with the guiding theme of many of the Anniversary’s activities: Thinking Across Boundaries. The presentations will be followed by reflections from Carole Rakodi and a plenary discussion.

The second event in the series will be on Tuesday 11 February, where we are very happy to have Prof. Stefano Boeri.
Anticity and the Future of the Public Sphere
18.00-19.30 | Rear Presentation Space, Architectural Association
Professor Stefano Boeri [Polytechnic University of Milan] will explore the interlinkages between Research, Design, Media and Politics through a transversal glance, particularly looking at the role Architecture plays in redefining the contours of the public sphere in contemporary cities.

These are part of the Dialogues in Development Anniversary Series (see also our anniversary website).

Remember that you can stay in touch with the anniversary plans and other activities in the department through our dedicated DPU60 websitefacebook pagetwitter feed and by subscribing to our mailing list

If any of the above links are not working you can reach the website by copying and pasting the following address into your browser: www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/dpu/dpu60
We really appreciate if you are able to attend and also if you can disseminate the information to you colleagues, students and friends.

Camillo Boano, PhD

Senior Lecturer and Course Director MSc Building and Urban Design in Development |

The Bartlett Development Planning Unit