Dear All,

Am quite concerned about rollout & elsewhere discussion that an upcoming
openssl update "breaks" proxies (512 vs 1024) or whatever.

According to RHEL, it's on the way
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2014-0015.html
This means it should be available for SL very soon.

On rollout there's discussion of, well to fix the problem update cream
with this package from epel or emi repos, blah blah. Our site has all
those repos disabled to go along with the "WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT TO
USE AUTOMATIC UPDATE PROCEDURE OF ANY KIND" policy. But sl-security
updates generally *are* automatically applied.

So if this sl-security openssl upcoming update will break *anything*
(bcs alas our site has very low support) the openssl update maybe
should be blocked for now till a very very clear+easy path to fixing
any fallout whatsoever, is documented.

And I think that block should be done real soon like today.

Advice most welcome!

Winnie Lacesso / 55% HPC Storage Admin, 20% Particle Physics, 25% SysOps
HH Wills Physics Laboratory, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol, BS8 1TL, UK
University of Bristol