Dear Marko,

Thanks for your answer, As a matter of fact I have check these on SPM, with the same images I have perform cross-sectional analyses using either SPM8 and VBM8, so there ir no problem with the images in this sense, about the oriantation conform, see the attached image, where I'm comparing in check_reg the two images of one of my subjects (upper columns) and the standard SPM T1 MNI152 and the VBM8 avg_T1_Dartel_IXI550_MNI155 templates (lower columns left and right respectively), and they match perfectly fine with the orientation. So all this part of my images is apparently the problem, at leat at this point.

About the acquisition part, yes, unfortunately they were acquired like this. Do you think that there is no way to compare in a longitudinal way? do you have any ideas on how to proceed in this case?