Dear colleagues:

After using SPM to map our brain function for many years, an old question began to bother me more. What is exactly we are mapping, from and to? Probably, I am not alone on this, I would guess, but I came to a point that I could not map mind-blindly anymore. I have attached a copy of my “human brain mapping metamodel” to this message, hoping to get input. To understand our own brains is also in the strong interest of philosophers who seem to be fond of labeling our brain explorers historically. In a sense, we inherit some of their confusions, too. Thus, I am resisting to be labeled by all available labels. Help me, please!

 Cameron