Dear All,

I'd agree with Christian, that if your only reason for changing programs is thresholding, then its a bit strange and might raise questions with reviewers.

However, if your reason for switching is to use a model that is available in SPM, that is not available in FSL, then I think the change would be acceptable. For example, if you had repeated-measures and wanted to correct for violations of sphericity or the covariance between the measures, then you'd want to use SPM as SPM can attempt to correct for the violations and for the covariances. Likewise, if you prefer SPM's first-level models; but want to use randomise in FSL, then this is also acceptable. I don't think anyone would criticize you for using the statistical package that has the tools to build the model you want to use.

If you want to use thresholding as done in SPM, I have a beta version of a toolbox called peak_nii.m.
It is available here: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren/ftp/Utilities_DGM/peak_nii/

I plan on moving it over to NITRC soon: http://www.nitrc.org/projects/peak_nii

You will also need the attached file. In addition, I've attached a rough version of the manual.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Website: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren