You can indeed constrain the registration to be rigid.  You would do this
by setting one of the regularisation parameters for the diffeomorphic
registration to Inf.  This option was included so that I could generate
averages of rigidly aligned scans for the evaluations using the OASIS
dataset.

One thing I haven't checked though is what happens if you disable the
estimation of the nonlinear deformations, but ask the algorithm to write
them out (or the Jacobians etc).  This may crash.

Best regards,
-John