Dear all,

I am wondering how to perform mixed effect analysis in SPM (probably a dumb
question). For example, I have 100 subjects (50 for group A, and 50 for
group B), each subject has 8 sessions. For each session, we can derive a
fMRI measure, e.g., degree centrality.

I am assuming within subject (8 sessions) should be a fixed effect
analysis, and then between subjects (50 vs. 50) should be a random effect
analysis? How can I compare the two groups of degree centrality with a
mixed effect analysis then? How can I set it up in SPM?

Or I should simply average the 8 sessions for each subject, and then
perform a two-sample t-test on the averages between the two groups?

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Chao-Gan

--