This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

Dear Mark,

   We spoke to a lighting consultant Paul Ruffles about our case lighting which is LED based. He has a lot of experience of working with Museums and galleries with mixed collections who have installed LED’s in their galleries so would be able to advise see http://www.ldandt.co.uk/  for contact details.  We found the dimmers on the lights for the lux levels fairly essential for light sensitive objects, although overall the LED’s will be an improvement on the fluorescent lights. Hope you find the information you need.

Lydia

Lydia Saul MA AMA

Keeper of Social History

t. 01234 276329 ext.44329

f. 01234 718619

E: [log in to unmask]

The Higgins Art Gallery & Museum, Bedford

Castle Lane, Bedford MK40 3XD

t. 01234 718618        f. 01234 718619

Find us on Twitter and on Facebook

Visit our website at www.thehigginsbedford.org.uk

Recording Britain, an exhibition organised by the Victoria and Albert Museum, London, runs until 20th March 2014.

'A National Art': Watercolour and the British Landscape Tradition runs until 27th April 2014.

Bawden's Britain runs until 11th May 2014.

Bedford Borough Council - working with our partners to make the Borough a better place to live, work and visit.