From: Elizabeth Douglas <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Subject: First World War 'hospital blues' request
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi SHCG,

We’re a member institution and would appreciate you circulating to your mailing list:

I’ve been asked to try and track down a ‘hospital blues’ uniform from the First World War, i.e. it’s a blue soldier’s uniform with a red tie which they would have worn working in hospitals. From what I understand, the colour was basically to stop them absconding, but they would’ve worn their own hats.

Ideally we would like to borrow the uniform or potentially borrow any photographs of soldiers wearing it (although I appreciate it will probably be hard to identify from black and white photography) for a centenary exhibition later this year.

Many thanks,

Liz Douglas

Documentation Assistant

Museum-logo_TW-logo for email SMALL

T: 01892 554171 ext:  | VPN: 7035 3350

E: [log in to unmask]

Town Hall, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1RS

Working days: Tuesday – Friday

www.tunbridgewells.gov.uk          Follow us on Twitter

Help us to improve our service to you by completing our online Customer Satisfaction Survey

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Tunbridge Wells Borough Council. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error please notify Tunbridge Wells Borough Council IT Help Desk on telephone +44 (0)1892 526121 extension
3118 or e-mail to [log in to unmask].

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST