The title of Alastair’s second suggestion is ‘Goodbyee’, but as he says it may to too close for comfort – it begins with the words ‘Brother Bertie went away, to do his bit the other day, with a smile on his lips and a pip on his shoulders bright and gay’ or words to that effect.

Yours

Christopher

From: To exchange information and views on the life and work of Rudyard Kipling [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alastair Wilson
Sent: 07 January 2014 22:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Suitable Music

As Christopher Newbould says, it depends on the mood of the piece, but a couple of suggestions would be 'Jerusalem' - Parry wrote it in 1918, I'm fairly sure: and something from 'Chu Chin Chow' which was the show at that time.  And if it's not too near the knuckle, given the loss of John, "We don't want to lose you, but we think you ought to go".
    Yours,
    Alastair