Dear List

I've done an initial review of the requirements as detailed in Appendix A of the code, and while much of it seems fairly easy to interpret (albeit in different ways depending on your point of view) I'm interested to know how other LAs are interpreting the final bullet relating to 'Senior Salaries', particularly bearing in mind the wording of the first bullet. The information required is:

·         The number of employees whose remuneration in that year was at least £50,000 in brackets of £5,000

·         The name of each employee and details of their remuneration, for employees whose salary is at least £150,000

·         Details of remuneration and job title of certain senior employees whose salary is between £50,000 and £150,000

·         A list of responsibilities (for example, the services and functions they are responsible for, budget held and number of staff) for all employees whose salary exceeds £50,000.

The first three bullets are specified in the Accounts and Audit Regulations (England) 2011 SI2011/817, but the final one is not covered by these regs.

So ... my instinct is to provide a summary response to the final bullet, along the lines of:
Employees in receipt of a salary in excess of £50,000 are responsible for the following services and functions:
Service / function 1
Service / function 2 ...
Service / function nnn
They manage a total annual budget of £nnn,0000 and nnn staff

The alternative seems to be a line item list for each employee - in an authority like mine this could be quite a long list!

Any observations welcomed (on or off list).

Many thanks

Pauline

Pauline Whalley
Technical Project Manager
ICT Services
Finance & Resources
London Borough of Lambeth

T:    020 7926 2323
M:   07855 030608
E:   [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
W:   www.lambeth.gov.uk<https://db3prd0510.outlook.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=9YOyHSeRBkGQ-UtjZ3TB97JRsjDre88I9UKdNjviHrjhYXbUMd1m3aY-mJ97kJpMkWdi4wRUA2U.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.lambeth.gov.uk%2f>

2nd Floor Olive Morris House
18 Brixton Hill
London