Our Comprehensive Living Archive of Apples - Geoff Manaugh & Nicola Twilley
- The Atlantic
As part of the national germplasm system, America's apple archivist, Philip
Forsline, has assembled and tended a vast Noah's Ark of more than 2,500
apple varieties: two clones of each, in order to preserve the fruit's
genetic biodiversity. Meanwhile, on the same Cornell/USDA Agricultural
Experiment Station, Susan
Brown<http://hort.cals.cornell.edu/cals/hort/people/faculty.cfm?netId=skb3>,
one of the country's three commercial apple breeders, develops new clones
by cultivating wildly different seed sisters.

http://bit.ly/1djNvqr

Source:
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/02/our-comprehensive-living-archive-of-apples/273538/
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/1djNvqr+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas