As an aside for fans of the definition of non-commercial licensing, the
last set of FL accounts show the number of shares is now at 400,000.
A friend who gets university finances tells me this is a number typically
used so an amount of the shares can be sold to investors, while maintaining
a majority share holding yourself. So as a vehicle (the company type FL
chose is suited to this purpose) seems to becoming more commercial.

So Universities, as charities, will be moving content through a commercial
entity, which has also been partially funded by other charities, which have
commercial elements.