From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Diane Romano-Woodward
Sent: 17 January 2014 06:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Office environment and sore eyes

Like Sharon I would like to know whose medical opinion it was and under what conditions...

I recently had a DSE eyesight test and all was well but the optician informed me that I had dry eyes. Never having had any trouble I asked her how she had come to that conclusion. She told me that she could see debris collecting in the area where the tears drain away...

I haven't noticed "dry eyes" per se, but she said it might manifest as  a sense of tiredness of the eye, and I had notice  myself rubbing my eyes occasionally.

She mentioned that  both  the medications I take, thyroxin and HRT might contribute to this.

So do check what medication  the people are on and if this could be contributing...as no one else has mention this to me as a potential side effect of the drugs...

Diane Romano-Woodward

RN  RSCPHN-OH  BSc   M Med Sc.(Occ Health)

Sunny Blue Sky Limited

Company Number  06865212

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not review, retransmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments from your computer system. Please note that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the contents of this message or any attachments may not have been produced by the sender. This notice is automatically appended to each e-mail message leaving the senders e-mail domain. Thank you.