Begin forwarded message:

From: ICF <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: 8 January 2014 21:52:01 GMT
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Bursaries to attend the March Meeting, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, 13-16 March 2014

Tactical Interventions:
ICF & The Sharjah Biennial

Open Call

Deadline: Friday, 24 January 2014

The International Curators Forum (ICF) is a network that meets to discuss emerging issues of curatorial practice in the context of key events in the international arts calendar. It offers bursaries and professional development opportunities to curators and works in partnership with key national and international bodies.

ICF in partnership with the Sharjah Art Foundation<http://www.sharjahart.org/> and UAL University of the Arts London<http://www.arts.ac.uk/> would like to invite applications from curators based in the UK with research interests in the UAE to join us and actively participate and report back as an ICF correspondent.

The Sharjah March Meeting 2014 will examine several pertinent issues in contemporary culture, addressing institutional formation, exhibitions, and artistic production as well as considerations of how to develop education and research initiatives. The meeting is also a point of departure for Sharjah Biennial 12, incorporating commissioned artists to shape a context for their as yet unimagined projects. In addition to presentations, March Meeting 2014 will feature case studies, collective research and evaluation sessions, and moderated, informal discussions at the end of each day, to promote the active participation of all in attendance.

If you are interested in applying, we would like to receive your statement of interest by e-mail only, outlining in no more than 500 words a definition of your curatorial practice to date, how directly your professional activity will benefit from your attendance at the March Meeting, and some details about how you plan to disseminate your encounter through the ICF and other networks, promotional channels that might benefit from your insights. Please include relevant website references where possible.

Please forward your application by Friday, 24 January 2014 to Adelaide Bannerman ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Supported by:

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

ICF - International Curators Forum

4 Rostella Road
London, SW17 0HY

http://internationalcuratorsforum.org<http://www.internationalcuratorsforum.org/>

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Beryl Graham, Professor of New Media Art
CRUMB web resource for new media art curators http://www.crumbweb.org
Research Student Manager, Art and Design
MA Curating Course Leader http://www.macurating.net

Faculty of Arts, Design, and Media, University of Sunderland
The David Puttnam Media Centre, St Peter's Way, Sunderland, SR6 0DD  Tel: +44 191 515 2896

Recent books:
New Collecting: Exhibiting and Audiences Ashgate<https://www.ashgate.com/default.aspx?page=637&calcTitle=1&title_id=11968&edition_id=12342>
Rethinking Curating: Art After New Media MIT Press<http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=12071>
A Brief History of Curating New Media Art The Green Box<http://www.thegreenbox.net/>