Dear Colleague,

I am doing a PhD at Cardiff University about perceptions of prostate cancer risk in African and Caribbean men in South Wales.

I plan to interview men from the African and Caribbean community in Cardiff.  I have started to make contact with the community by volunteering for local events and spending time in community centres.  I am hoping this means I will not be a strange face when the time comes to recruiting to my study.  I am also meeting with third sector organisations to make key contacts.

This seems to be working well.  Does anyone have any experience of recruiting to a study using similar strategies and has it worked?

Thank you for your help.

Sarah

Sarah Fry
PhD Researcher / Oncology Research Nurse
School of Health Care Sciences
College of Biomedical and Life Sciences
Cardiff University
7th Floor, EastGate House