  _____

From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious
culture [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jon Cannon
Sent: 16 January 2014 11:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] Religious symbolism of rabbits

In which case, my resurrection theme is presumably relevant to you. I feel
sure the citation was in an article by Paul Everson, in which he described
the symbolic dimension of a medieval landscape which (among other things)
contained a rabbit warren, and included a medieval source for the symbolic
dimension.

Most of his work is on Lincolnshire, and much of it is done with David
Stocker, but if I was forced to dredge my memory banks further, I'd say that
I thought the discussion in this case related to Ludgershall castle,
Wiltshire. Sorry this is so imprecise.

Jon

  _____