Florian of Lauriacum / Lorch is said to have been martyred by drowning whilst weighted down with a millstone. In Latin tradition, probably the most illustrious exemplar of this hagiographic topos is Quirinus of Siscia / Sisak, whose death is made famous from its poetic treatment by Prudentius (_Peristephanon_, 7). Other exemplars include Christina of Bolsena, Hesychius of Antioch, and Hallvard.

Best,
John Dillon