S.t Brigit is associated with at least two stories of millstones, one is
getting a stone down a mountain intact and the other is the refusal of the
stone to grind for a non-Christian. See Cogitosus's Life of Brigit. Acta
Sanctorum Februaary 1: 135-41, ET Sean Connolly and J-M Picard, "Cogitosus'
Life of Brigit," *Journal of the Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland*,
117 (1987): 5-27.

 <http://www.jstor.org/action/showPublication?journalCode=jroysocantirel>
 JSTOR Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/25508920

--
Maureen A. Tilley
Professor of Theology and Medieval Studies