Hi Peter

We had to make a business case to our local authority in 2007 for an independent museum website.

The approach we took was a baseline exercise across the then South West hub museums, followed by a specific set of recommendations for our museum. After negotiations within our local authority a project plan was agreed and the new website went live at the end of 2009.

We saw a 50% rise in web visits in the first year. We now see 120% increase in visits against the peak of visits when our web presence was limited to part of our local authority website.

Hope that's useful

 Rick

Rick Lawrence | Digital Media Officer
Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery | Bradninch Offices | Bradninch Place | Gandy Street | Exeter | EX4 3LS
(t) 01392 265303 (f) 01392 421252
(e) [log in to unmask]
(w) http://www.exeter.gov.uk/ramm
Find out What's on: http://www.rammuseum.org.uk/Whats-on/