We have recently submitted a bid to the TSB to do some research into migrating users across different platforms. The idea is to develop a 3D interactive environment (a Roman City)  and output different versions for games console, web, touch table and mobile.  Each version will carry the same information, but accessed in different ways.  We will then explore how various audiences are drawn to each version and we will explore ways to encourage them to look at the other versions. For example, one group may be more inclined to simply watch a flythrough, rather than use a games controller to navigate a 3D space; navigating a 3D model on a touchtable is quite tricky, so we will present the model quite differently; information and versions of the model will be accessed using AR/QR triggers but will include information on how to access the full model online.

Early days, but I’ll share the outcomes in due course

Best….

Mike

Mike Gogan

Virtual Experience Company Ltd