Dear MCGer's,

I'm organizing a creative group around Nao, Aldebaran's robot, and how it
could be part of public experiences in Science Museums (and maybe other
Museums...). If you don't know what is Nao, here is a good start :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNbj2G3GmAo

I met Aldebaran following my participation on Museomix 2012 (which you may
have heard of through Mar Dixon : http://nerial.fr/museomix/). Aldebaran is
really interested in the idea of using Nao as a mediation tool. So they
asked me to gather the experience of museum professionnals in order to
define what could be a compelling experience with Nao, beyond linear
scenario, by including dynamic behaviours, shape and sound recognition,
connected applications...

The group is set in central London on February 4th and is already quite
well attended, but there are 4 places remaining for MCG'ers. If you already
worked with robots in an exhibition, or if you're interested by the subject
(and not necessarily as a Science Museum professional), please send me a
mail. I would be glad to invite you, depending on the remaining places.
Some Naos will also be there as well as an engineer from Aldebaran.

I'm a freelance designer on this, I'm not employed by Aldebaran. My role
will be to organize the group, gather the ideas and try to prototype some
of them (as much as possible). I will write a group result paper. I would
be glad to share this paper with MCG community (if the people who attend
the group accept that).

There will be two groups, one in London and one in Paris (this one on
February 6th).

I have a Nao for a couple of weeks now and it is a really interesting piece
of hardware and software to work on and explore... a strange and
mesmerizing mirror of our own identity.

Kind regards,

--
François Alliot