Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to announce details of the Chinese language and Culture immersion courses we shall be running for KS2 pupils in two locations in England during the summer 2014.

KS2 Chinese language and culture immersion courses are fully funded by HSBC Global Education Programme and managed by the British Council.

The courses are an exciting opportunity for primary school students (Year 5) in England and Wales to learn Mandarin Chinese and experience some of the rich culture of China. A total of 100 primary school students have the opportunity to attend a week long residential course in one of two locations in England.

The course is designed to serve as an introduction to Chinese language and culture and is free to attend.

Schools from England and Wales are required to apply for places on an immersion course as a cluster.  Each cluster should be formed of at least 2 or 3 different primary schools within a local authority.  If successful, a cluster will be asked to nominate 10 pupil participants.

For full details about this opportunity please read our application guidelines (attached) and application form.

The deadline for applications is 24 February 2013.

If you have any further questions about applying to take part please email [log in to unmask]

The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We are a registered charity; 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland). We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide.

This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it. The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by software viruses and you are advised to carry out a virus check on any attachments contained in this message.